Just though it will be cool to share with you all.
I have done my first edrum conversion, I want to eventually replace all the rubber pads with mesh heads, normal drums and piezo sensors.
So I have taken a floor tom and converted it to a bass drum, then put a mesh head on, I used a fiber glass window screen to make the mesh heads. I built a little bracket which is adjustable for the senors to bring it closer to the head for sensitivity of the sensor, still needs some tweaking. I cut out a stress ball and shaped it into a kinda cone shape for the contact with the mesh head.
I am really happy with the result.
Dual zone snare drum next!